Health insurance open enrollment starts Nov. 15 and bilingual (Spanish and English) assisters from Ocean Health Initiatives will be available at several Ocean County Library branches – including Brick – to answer questions about the health insurance marketplace where plans must now be purchased under what is commonly known as the “Obamacare” law.
After Nov. 15, they will assist with the enrollment process at select branches. In addition, Ocean Health Initiatives will have certified application counselors available who will provide answers to local residents’ questions and help with the application process.
Assisters will also be able to help with exemptions to the marketplace, appeals and NJ Family Care applications, state-subsidized health insurance for children.
Assistance will be available at the Brick branch, 301 Chambersbridge Rd., from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 11, and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 20.
Other locations where assistance will be available include:
• Stafford branch, 129 N. Main St., Manahawkin, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fri. Nov. 7
• Little Egg Harbor, 290 Mathistown Rd., 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mon. Nov. 10
• Barnegat branch, 112 Burr St., 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Mon. Nov.10
• Toms River, 101 Washington St., 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thur. Nov. 13
• Pt. Pleasant Borough, 834 Beaver Dam Rd., 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fri. Nov. 14
• Manchester, 21 Colonial Dr., 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Mon. Nov 17
•Lakewood, 301 Lexington Av., 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Mon. Nov. 24
• Plumsted, 119 Evergreen Rd., New Egypt, 1 to 5 p.m. Tue. Nov. 25.
To make an appointment to facilitate the application process or more information, call 732-363-6655.