Brick Township’s spring leaf collections will begin April 6, township officials said this week.
Leaves will be collected in accordance with the township’s recycling days, with residents whose recyclables are collected on Tuesdays having the first collection.
“We have decided to change our leaf collection schedule this year,” Mayor John Ducey explained. “In the past, Monday recycling routes were always the first to be collected. In the interest of fairness, we have decided to rotate the collections moving forward.
This year, residents with Tuesdays will be collected first and residents with Monday recycling will be collected last. Next year, Wednesdays will go first, and so on, Ducey said.
The change was made after numerous residents voiced their concerns about the collection schedule, according to the mayor.
“I personally heard from many residents who were frustrated that their collection weeks were consistently last and seemed to always fall on holiday weeks,” Ducey.
[box type=”shadow” ]2015 Spring Leaf Collection Schedule:
- Residents with TUESDAY recycling collection should have their leaves at the curb by Monday, April 6.
- Residents with WEDNESDAY recycling collection should have their leaves at the curb by Monday, April 13.
- Residents with THURSDAY recycling collection should have their leaves at the curb by Monday, April 20.
- Residents with FRIDAY recycling collection should have their leaves at the curb by Monday, April 27.
- Residents with MONDAY recycling collection should have their leaves at the curb by Monday, May 4.[/box]
Residents are asked to have their bagged leaves at the curb by 6 a.m. on the first day of their designated collection week.
Do not put branches, twigs or other debris in the bags, the township advises. Leaves may also be brought to the township Recycling Center, 836 Ridge Road, Monday-Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Alternatively, leaves can also be brought to the Ocean County Recycling Center, New Hampshire Avenue, Lakewood.
For more information Spring Leaf Collection, call Public Works at 732-451-4060.