Ocean County College will host noncredit training programs for several exams, including the TEAS, HSET, SAT/ACT, LSAT, and PRAXIS. Classes are held on the OCC Main Campus or online.
The classes will take place over the summer, the college announced. Programs include:
- Test of Essential Academic Skills serves as the entrance test for nursing school and includes two electronic tests with supporting study guide. Traditional classroom.
Section 1: Tues/Thurs, June 2 to July 6, 4:30-7:30 p.m.
Section 2: Sat, June 13 to August 22, 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- High School Equivalency Prep: Ages 16+ is for students who did not graduate from high school. This course will help to improve your comprehensive skills in math, reading, writing, social studies, and science. Handouts included. Traditional classroom.
Section 1: Wed, July 8 to July 29, 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Section 2: Wed, July 8 to July 29, 6:00-8:30 p.m.
Section 3: Tues, August 4 to August 25, 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Section 4: Tues, August 4 to August 25, 6:00-8:30 p.m.
- SAT/ACT Prep Part I & Part II will help prepare students to excel in all sections of the undergraduate college entrance exams. Part I covers verbal and math. Part II covers time management, anxiety relief, scoring, and standardized test taking. Offered online.
- LSAT Prep Part I & Part II will help prepare students to perform well on all three question types on the Law School Admissions Test. Part I provides an intensive review of analytical reasoning including techniques for drafting the three most helpful diagrams and interpretations of correct answer choice. Part II provides an intensive review of reading comprehension and logical reasoning including techniques for quick elimination of incorrect answers and proven approaches for selecting correct answers. Offered online.
- Praxis Core Exam Prep will provide useful test-taking strategies, practice questions, and an opportunity to take a full-length practice test in each subject area. Offered online.
For more information, call the OCC Department of Continuing & Professional Education at 732-255-0409 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.ocean.edu to view the current non-credit course schedule/catalogue.