A total of six candidates registered to run for a seat on the Brick Township Board of Education in November.
Neither of the incumbents who currently occupy the two seats – George White and Karyn Cusanelli – are seeking re-election.
The candidates who registered include:
- Victor Finamore, of Queen Ann Road
- John J. O’Rourke, of West Lake Drive
- Daisy Haffner, of Younger Street
- Melita Gagliardi, of Havens Drive
- Walter Campbell, of Mark Manor Road
- Madeline Colagiovanni-Iannarone, of Hudson Drive
Both seats are full-three year terms on the board. The election is nonpartisan, meaning candidates do not run as a Republican, Democrat or Independent, however it is common for parties to back candidates for school board seats. As it stands now, the board majority is held by a four-member group – White, Stephanie Wohlrab, Victoria Pakala and Board President John Lamela – aligned with the Democratic party.