Are those Christmas gifts you ordered online about ready to be delivered? If so, you may want to take a few extra steps to make sure they don’t end up in the hands of a thief instead of your loved ones this season.
Brick police recently issued a number of tips to help keep packages secure.
- Ask for a tracking number. Most major shipping companies offer this service at no charge. This number allows you to track your packages and notifies you when they will be delivered.
- Request a “Signature Delivery Option”.
- Request a specific drop off time and date when you will be home to accept your package.
- Arrange to have your package held at the shipping service so you can pick them up at your convenience.
- Ask the delivery service to leave your packages at a side or back door.
- Have your packages delivered to your workplace if your employer allows this.
- Have your package delivered to the home of a relative or trusted neighbor.
- Ask to have your packages delivered to a retail store so you can pick them up at your convenience.
- If your packages do not arrive as scheduled, contact the sender immediately.
If you suspect that your package was stolen, contact the police department at 732-262-1100.