Seaside Heights will ring in the unofficial start of summer with an all-day party along the boardwalk, while areas restaurants and nightlife establishments will host specials, parties and more.
The weather forecast might not be the best, but it will not deter an all-day-long party in Seaside Heights, beginning at 6 a.m. with a live broadcast of the Scott Shannon show from WCBS-FM 101.1 in New York. Shannon’s events, outside Spicy Cantina, will feature John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band, with more performances throughout the day.
At 1 p.m., The Benjamins, a popular local cover band, will perform followed by Eddie Testa Band at 3 p.m. and The B Street Band, a tribute to Bruce Springsteen, at 8 p.m.
Gov. Chris Christie is scheduled to take a walk on the boards at 2 p.m., at which time he’ll cut the ribbon on Hydrus, the new roller coaster at Casino Pier which replaced the Jet Star, which was plunged into the ocean during Superstorm Sandy.
Where to Go, What to Do
The part will kick off Friday and continue all weekend in Seaside Heights and across the island. Some notable events include:
- DJ Swoosh, plus $3 Coronas, Friday night, Bamboo Bar, Seaside Heights.
- Shorty Long and the Jersey Horns, Saturday night at the Beachcomber Bar and Grill, Seaside Heights.
- DJ Licious, Saturday night, Bamboo Bar, Seaside Heights.
- Rockbottom, Saturday night, Bum Rogers, South Seaside Park.
- The Nerds and DJ Encore, Saturday Night, Jenks Club, Point Pleasant Beach.
- XOX, Sunday night, Jenks Club, Point Pleasant Beach.
- Bum Rogers will begin featuring Tuckahoe Hop Revolver Imperial IPA, Evolution Pinehople Fruit IPA this weekend.
- Goobers ’52 will reopen in Seaside Heights, this time on the Boulevard at the Shore Thing Pub, 201 Boulevard.
- Used to Be’s will have its full menu at Ebby’s North and will feature DJ Dante Friday and Saturdays nights, Route 35, Brick (South Mantoloking).
It’s far from the best weather, but it’s not a total rain-out.
- Friday will be mostly cloudy (after some morning showers) with a high of 76 degrees.
- Saturday will be 70 degrees and mostly cloudy, with the chance of rain after 2 p.m.
- For Sunday, A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 65.
- There will be a chance of showers or a potential thunderstorm both Saturday and Sunday nights.