Brick police officers executed search warrants at two residences in the northern portion of town – one in the Maple Leaf Park condominium complex and one on Pennsylvania Avenue – this week, and arrested six people on drug charges.
Members of the department’s Drug Enforcement Unit and Special Emergency Response Team searched the units at approximately 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 31, police said in a statement.
“A lengthy investigation involving the distribution of narcotics was started by the Brick Township Drug Enforcement Unit after several township residents contacted the police,” the statement said. “The warrants were executed on Sawmill Road and Pennsylvania Avenue.”
One juvenile was arrested alongside six adults:
- Harold J. Wood (described as a 20 year old white male from Jackson).
- Marquise B. Harris (described as a 23 year old black male from Brick).
- Eric W. Tampuu Jr. (described as an 18 year old white male from Brick).
- Michael R. Morgan (described as a 20 year old white male from Brick).
- Richard J. Burgan (described as an 18 year old white male from Brick).
- James J. Jenkins (described as a 20 year old white male from Brick).
Photos of the suspects were not disseminated. All were charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Harris, Tampuu, Burgan and Jenkins were transported to Ocean County Jail on warrants. Wood and Morgan were released on summonses.