Brick will host its eighth annual Green Fair this Saturday, complete with environmental displays and presentations, green vendors and the chance to interact with local environmental groups.
The fair will be held Saturday, April 21 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Brick Township High School. The Green Fair features vendors and exhibitors representing the theme of environmental and social responsibility, locally-sources and organic products and zero waste.
Highlights of this year’s Green Fair will include:
- The Brick Township Shade Tree Commission will be distributing tree seedlings, provided by the New Jersey Tree Recovery Program, the NJDEP and the New Jersey Division of Parks and Forestry
- An electronics waste (computers, televisions, etc.) recycling drop-off will be provided by the Brick Recycling Company, Inc. The vendor will be donating a portion of the proceeds from the e-waste in support of the Brick Township School System’s environmental initiatives
- Student based environmental projects and initiatives from Brick Township schools
- The National Honor Society from Brick Township High School will be holding their annual Rummage Sale in conjunction with the Green Fair, giving residents the opportunity to upcycle available items
- A clothing drive will benefit BMAC, the Brick Municipal Anti-drug Coalition
- All attendees will be entered to win door prizes including composters, garden planters, rain barrels and other valuable items
The Green Fair is free to attend.