If you’re looking for a place to hang your hat, Brick has just about anything you could imagine. A review of tax data shows Brick’s residential property values range from as low as $43,000 to more than $5 million.
Brick’s average property is valued at $249,000, township officials have said. Both municipal and school taxes are poised to rise this year, which will proportionally affect the township’s 30,497 residential units according to their assessed values.
Using the tax data, Shorebeat was able to narrow down the 10 highest-valued properties in town, as well as their locations and tax bills.
10. 126 Route 35 North
This oceanfront estate can barely be seen from the highway which leads to its triton-shaped driveway.
- Last sold: $3,175,000, Oct. 7, 2016
- Assessment: $2,179,200
- Annual Property Tax Bill: $37,274
9. 125 Route 35 South
This bayfront compound comes with 22 rooms and a 15-car garage. It was featured last year in a Shorebeat article when it was up for auction. Tax records show it is still bank-owned.
- Last sold: $2,219,000, Aug. 31, 2012
- Assessment: $2,358,600
- Annual Property Tax Bill: $47,584
8. 300 Dutchmans Point Road
The home sits on a lagoon in the South Mantoloking section of town.
- Last sold: $2.5 million, June 26, 2015
- Assessment: $2,346,100
- Annual Property Tax Bill: $50,442
7. 292 Dutchmans Point Road
The second of three “top ten” homes on the same street, this lagoon-front home is adjacent to a grassy community area where sailboats are docked.
- Last sold: $2,700,000, Nov. 11, 2011
- Assessment: $2,510,200
- Annual Property Tax Bill: $50,788
6. 336 Route 35 North
This oceanfront beauty is situated between Beach 1 and Beach 2. It has its own beach, of course, as well as an impressive swimming pool.
- Last sold: $1 (Consideration) Dec. 20., 2012
- Assessment: $2,602,500
- Annual Property Tax Bill: $55,808
5. 296 Curtis Point Drive
Situated on one of Brick’s most beautiful streets – and nestled at the end of a cul de sac that juts out into Barnegat Bay – it is the only home in the Curtis Point development to make the list.
- Last sold: $2,500,000, Oct. 31, 2016
- Assessment: $2,610,900
- Annual Property Tax Bill: $55,988
4. 370 Route 35 North
Another oceanfront home makes the list – this one equally secluded from Route 35, with a pool and expansive deck area.
- Last sold: Dec. 23, 2013
- Assessment: $2,609,600
- Annual Property Tax Bill: $56,447
3. 199 Pointe Drive
Owned by Mel Karmazin, former CEO of CBS Television and SiriusXM Radio, this estate has breathtaking bay views.
- Last sold: $1 (Consideration) Aug. 8, 2012
- Assessment: $3,006,300
- Annual Property Tax Bill: $64,467
This bayfront house proudly flies the American flag on one side, and features a yard and basketball hoop on the – very distant, given its size – other.
- Last sold: $1 (Consideration) Dec. 24., 2012
- Assessment: $3,055,300
- Annual Property Tax Bill: $65,518
1. 583 Princeton Avenue
The former home of then-Verizon President Lawrence Babbio Jr., this home is legendary in Brick, with only boaters being able to get a close-up peak. It’s on the market now, but sold in 2011 for $6.2 million.
- Last sold: $1 (Consideration) April 12, 2016
- Assessment: $5,200,000
- Annual Property Tax Bill: $111,509