Brick officials said its annual collection of Christmas trees would begin in just under two weeks.
The township’s Public Works Department will collect trees between Jan. 14 and Jan. 25. The exact date window during which a neighborhood’s trees will be picked up depends on one’s recycling day.
Trees may also be brought to the Brick Township Recycling Center, 836 Ridge Road, Monday through Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Additionally, trees can be brought to numerous locations run by Ocean County where the trees are recycled and turned into wood chips that can be used at county parks. These dropoff locations, which will accept trees through Jan. 31, are:
- Cattus Island County Park, 1170 Cattus Island Boulevard, Toms River Township
- Cloverdale Farm County Park, 34 Cloverdale Road, Barnegat Township
- Wells Mills County Park, 905 Route 532, Ocean Township
- Ocean County Park, 659 Ocean Avenue, Lakewood Township
- Beaver Dam County Park, 3430 Bridge Avenue, Point Pleasant
- Jakes Branch County Park, 1100 Double Trouble Road, Beachwood
- Mill Creek County Park, 11 Chelsea Avenue, Berkeley Township
- Enos Pond County Park, 330 East Lacey Road, Forked River
- Robert J. Miller Airpark, 901 Route 530, Berkeley Township
- Freedom Fields County Park, 1160 Route 539, Little Egg Harbor Township
- Patriots County Park, 485 Bowman Road, Jackson Township
- Stanley H.”Tip” Seaman County Park, 120 Lakeside Drive, Tuckerton
- A. Paul King County Park, 2 W. Bay Avenue, Stafford Township
- Ocean County Golf Course at Atlantis, 261 Country Club Boulevard, Little Egg Harbor Township
- Ocean County Golf Course at Forge Pond, 301 Chambers Bridge Avenue, Brick Township