Brick officials announced Sunday night that the township’s municipal offices would close to the public until further notice due to concerns over the spread of the coronavirus.
Offices will, however, remain open to staff members, who will be available by phone and email. Township staff will accommodate any need that requires direct interaction and is time sensitive, officials said in the announcement.
Public Works services – sanitation and recycling collection – will continue as normal, said Mayor John Ducey.
Those in need of police non-emergency assistance, should call 732-262-1151. Other important numbers for township services are listed below.
- If you need to reach an office in the municipal building, please call 732-262-1000.
- The Public Works Department can be reached at 732-451-4060.
- The Clerk’s Office can be reached at 732-262-1001.
- The Building Department can be reached at 732-262-1030.
- The Recreation Department can be reached at 732-262-1044.
- Senior Outreach Services can be reached at 732-920-8686.
The precaution is being implemented “to protect the citizens of Brick Township and the municipal staff,” Ducey said. The mayor also urged all citizens to shelter at home and avoid going out unless absolutely necessary. Practice social distancing in an effort to slow the spread of this virus, the statement said. The CDC recommends a six-foot buffer in all social settings.
Many services can be done online. Residents are advised to visit the Brick Township website at www.bricktownship.net for those services.