The Brick Township council this week awarded a contract that will fund the township’s “isolated streets” improvement program, wherein streets in poor conditions in various areas of town receive improvements despite neighboring streets being in good condition.
The latest round of improvements will be undertaken by Captain Construction, of South River, Middlesex County, for a cost of $378,230. The contract includes a mix of roadway improvements, but is particularly focused on drainage projects in several neighborhood.
The improvements funded by the contract include:
- Replacement of a drainage pipe between properties near 677 Millbrook Road.
- Drainage improvements at the intersection of Tilford Boulevard and Forge Pond Road.
- Drainage and pavement improvements near 38 Rochester Drive.
- Drainage and pavement improvements near 114 Bretonian Drive at Beach Court.
- Resurfacing of Stuyvesant Road north of Mantoloking Road.
- Resurfacing of Unity Drive.
The low bid was awarded, Mayor John Ducey said. The high bid was $1.15 million.