Brick Township is offering a beginner photography program to kids and teens ages 10-17.
The basic instruction course is designed for young people interested in photography, according to the township’s Recreation Department. It will include hands-on shooting at various locations throughout the township. The instruction covers how to use a camera and photo composition basics. Students provide their own cameras.
Dates, locations and class focus are:
- 9/23 Windward Beach – rule of thirds
- 9/30 Brick Beach – aperture
- 10/7 Havens Homestead – portraits
- 10/14 Traders Cove Marina – sunsets
- 10/21 Forge Pond – angle view
- 10/28 Civic Plaza – show and tell (free online editing software will be available at the Civic Plaza for one hour sessions)
The fee for the class is $40. Times are 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. for each class. Registration begins Aug. 25. For details, call 732-262-1044.