Connect with us


Morning Brick Fire Traced to Faulty Electrical Outlet

Police Lights (Photo: Jason Rojas/Flickr)

Police Lights (Photo: Jason Rojas/Flickr)

Authorities say a malfunctioning electrical outlet on a porch led to a house fire near Eagle Point off Mantoloking Road.

Police and firefighters were called to 72 East View Drive Tuesday morning for the report of a structure fire, Brick Police Capt. Timothy Boyle said.

Upon officers’ arrival, the residence was already filled with smoke, but had already been evacuated of all people and pets. Breton Woods Fire Company and Pioneer Hose fire Company arrived on scene and extinguished the fire.

Get Brick News Updates Daily
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

The fire was determined to have started in an electrical outlet in a closed porch to the rear of the residence, Boyle said. The fire was determined to be accidental. Detective Kenneth Steinberg and Brick Township Fire Marshal Frank Beshears conducted the investigation.

Click to comment