Police said residents of the Chambers Bridge Residence, a building at the Brick Township Housing Authority complex, were not injured in a morning natural gas leak, but still had to be evacuated.
At approximately 9:15 a.m. police and fire units responded to the building, located at 175 Chambers Bridge Road, for a report a gas leak. Upon arrival, responders found that there was a broken natural gas pipe on the fourth floor. Residents of the floor were evacuated to the lobby, police said.
The gas leak was secured and the fourth floor was ventilated. Approximately 40 residents were moved to the lobby. There were no reported injuries, and the building was turned over to management at approximately 1045 a.m., according to police.