Brick police detectives have arrested six suspects on drug charges after executing search warrants and tracking them into neighboring towns.
An investigation by the Brick Township Police Street Crimes Unit into drug activity led to the issuance of search warrants in surrounding towns, said Sgt. Jim Kelly. The first warrant was served in Toms River, and the second warrant was served in Lakewood, with a third being conducted on a vehicle being used by two of the suspects. Several agencies and units assisted the Street Crimes Unit, including the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Narcotics Strike Force, the Lakewood Police Street Crimes Unit, the Toms River Police Selective Enforcement Team, Ocean County Sheriff’s Officers and the Brick Police K-9 Unit.
As a result of the investigation and ensuing searches, six people were arrested for drugs and paraphernalia, including cocaine, marijuana and prescription medication (Tramadol). Those arrested were:
- Pablo Garcia Jr., 28, of Toms River, was charged with possession of cocaine, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia, possession of Tramadol and Obstructing Administration of Law.
- Dashawn Harrison, 29, of Toms River, was charged with possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and possession of Tramadol.
- Eyrun Schindler, 45, of Newark, was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
- David O’Neal, 31, of Brick, was charged with possession of cocaine and possession of paraphernalia.
- Kaitlyn Letts, 26, of Lakewood, was charged with possession of cocaine and possession of paraphernalia.
- The sixth arrest was a juvenile suspect.
All arrestees were released on a summons. The juvenile was turned over to a guardian.
“We would like to acknowledge and thank all the agencies who assisted us for their teamwork and professionalism,” Kelly said.