Brick has announced its fall leaf pickup schedule for 2022.
The 2022 Fall Leaf Collection begins on Monday, Oct. 24. In Brick, the practice of “curbing” leaves is prohibited since the township does not operate vacuum trucks and leaves moved into the streets can clog storm drains, causing flooding. Therefore, leaves must be bagged and left for pickup (or brought to the recycling center on Ridge Road).
Collection is done in accordance to the recycling schedule. The schedule for this year is as follows:
- If Your Recycling Day is THURSDAY…your collection periods are October 24 – October 28 and November 28 – December 2
- If Your Recycling Day is FRIDAY…your collection periods are October 31 – November 4 and December 5 – December 9
- If Your Recycling Day is MONDAY…your collection periods are November 7 – November 11 and December 12 – December 16
- If Your Recycling Day is TUESDAY…your collection periods are November 14 – November 18 and December 19 – December 23
- If Your Recycling Day is WEDNESDAY…your collection periods are November 21 – November 25 and December 26 – December 30
Officials ask that residents have their leaves at the curbside by 6 a.m. on the first day of the collection period. Only leaves in bags will be collected. Bags must not weigh more than 50-pounds each.
“Do not put branches, twigs or debris in bags,” an announcement said.
Leaves can be brought to the Brick Public Works Recycling Center anytime during regular hours (Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m). Leaves can also be brought to the Ocean County Recycling Center, New Hampshire Avenue, Lakewood.