It’s still a few months away, but this week’s stretch of mild days wasn’t the only sign of summer in Brick Township.
The township council awarded several contracts for its annual Summerfest celebration, including food trucks, fireworks displays and the annual beer and wine garden. Entertainment bookings were approved earlier this year (the full schedule appears below in this article).
For food, the township awarded contracts in various categories after a public bidding process. The vendors include:
- Big Blue Wrap and Roll, serving sausage and peppers, ribeye cheesesteaks, specialty egg rolls and more.
- Caldino’s, serving gourmet Italian food, such as fresh mozzarella and fettuccine.
- Dellano’s, serving traditional grilled and fried foods such as burgers and sandwiches.
- Highway 2 Ohana, a food truck run by the popular Ohana Grill restaurant in Lavallette, featuring island-inspired seafood, including lobster rolls, crab burgers, shrimp tacos and more.
- John and Debbie O’s, serving funnel cakes, fried Oreos, lemonade and other snacks.
- Piper’s Treats, a mobile ice cream truck with a wide selection of flavors, ice pops, etc.
The beer and wine garden will be run by the bar staff of the Windward Tavern restaurant.
Collectively, the food trucks will pay $11,880 for the right to vend at Summerfest events. Windward Tavern will pay $9,100 to run the beer and wine garden at Summerfest and the township’s Fall Fest event.
The township council also awarded a contract for five fireworks shows – four at Summerfest and one at Fall Fest. The contract was awarded to Schaefer Fireworks, of Ronks, Pa., for $5,208 per event, for a total of $26,040. The cost of fireworks and other entertainment is funded through corporate sponsorships.
Summerfest will run four Thursdays in a row beginning in late June (and are subject to be postponed by a week if thunderstorms are in the area). The dates and bands scheduled to play this season are:
- June 29: Super Trans Am (The band will also perform along with the fireworks show after the main concert to celebrate Independence Day.)
- July 6: Garden State Radio
- July 13: The Amish Outlaws
- July 20: Jessie’s Girl
All of the events take place at Windward Beach Park, off Princeton Avenue.