Brick Township will continue the tradition of hosting its annual spring “Green Fair” this year on May 20, the eleventh year in a row the township has organized the event with the help of volunteers and local organizations and businesses.
The event is an environmental and sustainability showcase, which is free to attend, and features vendors, exhibitors and student groups representing environmental and social responsibility, locally-sourced products and zero waste. This year’s theme is
“Sustain Your Health.”
“Exhibitors and schools have been encouraged to make the connection between environmental health and personal health,” said Mayor Lisa Crate. “For instance, highlighting and demonstrating the importance of water quality, air quality and healthy soil.”
Highlights of this year’s event include:
- A rain barrel workshop co-hosted by the Brick MUA
- A clothing and textile recycling drop off provided by Helpsy
- Annual flower plug distribution from Brick Township Shade Tree Commission
- Student based environmental projects and initiatives from Brick Township schools
- A wellness presentation by Ocean University Medical Center
- Self-guided “Pick Up Brick” cleanup of the Sawmill Tract
- Door prizes including Brick Beach Season Passes, composters, garden planters, rain barrels and more
- Food vendors Caldino’s and Big Blue Wrap and Roll
The Green Fair will be held Saturday, May 20 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Anstett Cultural Arts Center, 515 Herbertsville Road.