Brick Township’s annual series of “Summerfest” celebrations begins Thursday night with live music, fireworks and plenty of food.
Summerfest kicks off at 6 p.m. at Windward Beach Park. Performing will be “Super Trans-Am,” which plays arena anthems and chart-topping radio hits of the 70s, alongside ‘Yacht Rock’ and hits from The Eagles, Hall & Oates, Peter Frampton, Foreigner, Kiss, Boston and Journey.
Fireworks will be shot off at dusk, and a plethora of food trucks will be on hand serving all different types of cuisine. There will also be a beer and wine garden provided by the Windward Tavern.
Summerfest is free to attend.
Brick Township offers a complimentary shuttle bus service to make attending Summerfest easier for residents, since parking spaces at the park fill up very quickly.
The shuttle pick-up/drop-off locations are Drum Point Elementary School, Veterans Memorial Middle School, Midstreams Elementary School, Lanes Mill School and Brick Township High School. Trips to Windward Beach begin at 5 p.m. and return trips begin at 8 p.m.
“Parking at Windward Beach is very limited and vehicle access to the park is closed once the lot is filled, so we encourage everyone to use the shuttles,” the township said in an announcement.
Coolers and chairs are permitted on shuttles.
Summerfest will offer a number of popular food trucks, including:
- Big Blue Wrap and Roll, serving sausage and peppers, ribeye cheesesteaks, specialty egg rolls and more.
- Caldino’s, serving gourmet Italian food, such as fresh mozzarella and fettuccine.
- Dellano’s, serving traditional grilled and fried foods such as burgers and sandwiches.
- Highway 2 Ohana, a food truck run by the popular Ohana Grill restaurant in Lavallette, featuring island-inspired seafood, including lobster rolls, crab burgers, shrimp tacos and more.
- John and Debbie O’s, serving funnel cakes, fried Oreos, lemonade and other snacks.
- Piper’s Treats, a mobile ice cream truck with a wide selection of flavors, ice pops, etc.
Tips From the Town:
- Concerts begin approximately 7 p.m.
- Please bring your own chairs and/or blankets.
- Smoking is not permitted in Windward Beach Park.
- Pets are not permitted at SummerFest.
- Coolers are permitted; outside alcohol is not permitted. All bags and coolers are subject to Police search upon entry to the park.
- The Beer and Wine Garden is open to guest ages 21 and over only; no one will be permitted into the garden without a valid ID.
- Guests are asked to please help us keep the park clean by using garbage and recycling receptacles.